- Possible residential development site
- Exceptional site in highly regarded area
- Superb transport links
- Situated in Corstorphine conservation area
CLOSING DATE SET FOR 12 NOON ON FRIDAY 11TH MARCH 2022
Site for potential residential development subject to the ecessary Planning Consents
Exceptional development site in the highly regarded Edinburgh suburb of Corstorphine
Current consent to rebuild and extend the original building, Planning Reference: 19/04784/FUL
Further Information available
Existing building façade is not listed
Size: Approx 0.0954 ha (0.24 acres)
Planning Status: The current consent, is to rebuild and extend the original building. The current consented scheme is for new community facilities over 2 floors.
Architects 56Three have been involved with our client in potential development proposals. They have drawn up indicative residential development schemes with two possible offerings.
Contact: 56 Three Architects - Gordon Beaton – 0131 220 3003
• 1891 Corstorphine Public Hall Company (PHC) is set up, funded by public subscription. Shares owned by local people and organisations
• 1892 Public Hall opens
• 1980 Corstorphine Youth and Community Association (later CYCC) is set up
• 1982 Public Hall re-opens following renovation, with a programme of activities for young people and others
• 2013 Building destroyed by fire.
Since the fire, the Corstorphine Community Centre (CCC), which was formed following the merger of the PHC and CYCC, has removed much of the debris, purchased and erected a scaffold to preserve the façade and obtained detailed planning permission for a replacement building (Planning Ref 19/04784/FUL) retaining the original façade, from which to operate their community activities.