*Buy-to-let Investment Opportunity* which would appeal to established landlords looking to expand their portfolio. The property comes with an ongoing tenancy in place with a return of £3,725 per calendar month with long-term, fully qualified tenants residing in the property who took access in September 2023. From an investment point of view, the property also offers strong capital growth with a value increase of 37% in just over 10-years.
4/3 Mayfield Road is found within a popular residential area which offers a number of specialist bars, bistros, restaurants and general stores for the weekly shopping. The Southside is ideal for those attending the universities as the property is handily positioned between Edinburgh Universities main campus and the King’s Buildings. It is also an easy commuter location thanks to the local transport links both to & from the City Centre and out to the Edinburgh Royal Infirmary. Regular buses run day and night from the area to many parts of the city and beyond. There is the Cameron Toll Shopping Centre if you are heading outwards which hosts several retailers. If you are travelling a little further then a quick bus journey to Princes Street and you’ll find links out of the city, including Waverely train station, the bus station at St Andrew's Square and tram line running to the airport.
The property is a wonderfully spacious duplex apartment , finished to a high standard throughout and very well managed by the tenants. Split over two levels, the property comprises: large entrance hall with granting access to all main rooms on the main level and the staircase to the upper level. There is also an understairs storage cupboard.
The main living room has a lovely bay window looking out over the Mayfield Road and because of the level, you have a fabulous vista. There is also a feature fireplace in cantering the main body of the room and then there is the dining recess to the rear.
The dining kitchen comes with a selection of wall / base units with white goods contained within both integrated and free standing.
There are three double bedrooms on this level and all come with enough space to house freestanding wardrobes without eating into the usable floorspace and, one of the bedrooms come with its own en-suite shower room. The main bathroom completes this level with a three-piece suite and shower over the bath.
The upper landing grants access to all rooms on this level which include: two double bedrooms both with their own stylish en-suites (the larger of the two having his & hers sink basin along with a luxury suite). There is a further room on this level which can be used as an extra study space, office or even a laundry room.
Complimented throughout with gas central heating along with ample storage and many period features.
Externally there is the rear communal garden space and permit zone parking to the front.
• Stunning duplex apartment in one of the most sought-after location Edinburgh has to offer
• A fantastic addition to any rental portfolio, offering a return or over 6.5% gross yield with tenants in situ (£3,725pcm)
• Secure, communal access with buzzer entry system leads though to a well-kept communal stair which also grant access to the rear garden space
• Spacious room sizes throughout with many original features on the main level
• On the main level: large entrance hall; living room with bay window overlooking the Mayfield Road and with dining recess; dining kitchen to the rear; three double bedrooms (one en-suite) and the main bathroom
• Upper level: landing granting access to all rooms; two double bedrooms (both with en-suites) and an additional office space / study
• Gas central heating throughout with a mixture of sash & case windows and partial double glazing
Council Tax Band: F